Tuesday, March 23, 2010

thunderstorm

HORRIBLE RAINSTORM ON 22TH March, Perth

Story began like this...

Siaw chin was too lethargic to attend lecture, so she went home after tutorial class.
Around 4pm, while I was studying in the library with pey san,
I received a call from her saying that it was raining heavily,
Obviously, I ignored that and continued to walk to lecture alone..

After 5 mins from the lecture started, the fire alarm rang.
Our lecturer wanted to ignore it but it kept ringing so eventually we were asked to leave.
Since we ran out from the lecture hall, we saw people around were all asked to leave the building by the security guards. 'YOU HAVE TO LEAVE. THIS BUILDING MIGHT BE ON FIRE"

OMG, it was raining heavily outside!!
Rubbish bins were all blown away, trees fell, cars damaged, even ice dropped from the sky..
The situation by that time was totally like 'THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW'..
Rain came horizontally, phones were all out of connection..
and classes in curtin were all cancelled!!

It was flooded everywhere.
We had to walk to Canning college to meet siaw chin,
she said electricity supplied cut off, water flushed into our house.
Immediately had bath when we reached home as we were all wet,
didnt eat anything at night and I had test the day after!

Eventually, everything was settled (except the electricity),
received quite a lot of concerning sms,
and I had to study under the candle in the midnight =.="

In the midnight, we realized that we were totally lost connection to the outside world,
(excluding my half charged hp).
But I'm still grateful,
that we're all safe =)
And I could hear my parents' voice ^__^

It's predicted that the 2nd rainstorm will fall tonite,
so stay at home everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment